- Microsoft® Windows® 98/98 SE/ME/NT 4.0 SP 6a/2000/XP/2003 or higher.
- Microsoft® .NET Framework® 1.1
Minimum hardware requirements:
- Pentium (or equivalent) processor at 90 MHz.
- 32 MB RAM.
Recommended hardware requirements:
- Pentium (or equivalent) processor at 90 MHz or higher.
- 96 MB RAM or more.
The Microsoft® .NET Framework® 1.1 is required to use SuDoku Pro. If this is not installed on your computer, attempting to run SuDoku Pro will produce an error message. Although you may claim a full refund of the purchase price (within 30 days of the date of purchase), we highly recommend installing the .NET Framework® for the following reasons:
- It is a crucial component of the Windows® operating system and should be part of a healthy system configuration.
- Many current Windows® applications already require the .NET Framework, and almost all future Windows® applications, by Microsoft® as well as other independent software producers, will require it.
- Installing it is a one-time effort and gives you access to unlimited SuDoku Pro puzzle fun!
Is it installed?
To find out, click here or perform the following steps:
- Open the Start menu and click Run... (alternatively, press the WINDOWSLOGO+R combination on your keyboard).
- The Run dialog box is displayed. Enter appwiz.cpl and click OK.
- The Software control panel applet is displayed. Scroll down the list and look for an item labelled Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1.
If only a higher version of the .NET Framework® is installed, SuDoku Pro will probably run well. However, it was developed under version 1.1 and is only supported under that version. Even if only a higher version is installed, you can install version 1.1 without harming other applications using the higher versions, since the framework supports side-by-side installations.
How to install.
If you installed SuDoku Pro from a CD (for example, as part of a magazine):
- Insert the CD.
- Browsing the CD's menu system, look for the option to install .NET Framework® 1.1, or:
- Invoke the Windows search facility, and look for a file named dotnetfx.exe on the CD. Open that file and
- follow the installation instructions.
If you downloaded SuDoku Pro from a website:
- The Microsoft® .NET Framework® 1.1 is freely available for download in our download center.