Saving and Opening Puzzles
SuDoku Pro allows you to store a puzzle on a removable or hard drive, and to restore it at any time. This can be useful if you want to continue solving a puzzle at a later point, or if you want to share a puzzle with someone.
How to store a puzzle on disk:
- Click the Save Puzzle... button.
- The dialog box Save As is displayed.
- (Optional) Navigate to the location where you want to store your puzzle.
- Enter a name for the file that will contain the puzzle. If a file with the specified name already exists at the specified location, it will be overwritten after prompting.
- If you already have completed some moves in the puzzle (or have solved it already), you will now be prompted whether you want to save your moves in the file as well. Click Yes if you want to preserve the current state of the puzzle. Click No if you want to store the puzzle in its original, 'template' state.
How to restore a puzzle from disk:
- Click the Open Puzzle... button.
- The dialog box Open is displayed.
- (Optional) Navigate to the location where the puzzle file is stored.
- Select the puzzle file you want to open. (Only files that were saved with SuDoku Pro can be loaded.)
- The puzzle stored in the file you selected is displayed.
Warning: if you restore a puzzle from disk while currently solving another puzzle, this will get lost unless you store it first.